In 1987, brothers Billy, Jimmy, and Ed were helping with the family farm and feed business located in Kreamer, Pennsylvania when they saw an opportunity to expand into the poultry and egg industry. What became known as BJE Poultry has grown from a one-house poultry farm purchased in the late 80’s, to 85 grower operations including local, family-owned farms contracted to grow our poultry.
BJE Poultry is looking for an experienced Live Operations Manager to oversee, manage, and coach the Broiler, Layer, Marketing, and Logistics Managers, as well as the Field Service technicians.
• Reports to the President and assists with achievement of company goals and budgets
• Provides service to Broiler and Layer Managers and Veterinarians to assist with achieving their responsibilities.
• Provides direction to marketing and logistics departments to assist with achieving their responsibilities.
• Provides education and training to Field Service Technicians.
• Provide service to our contract growers to achieve the best possible cash flow for their livelihood.
• Provide a quality product to our customers.
• Monitor and approve all scheduling and SOP’s that are developed with the organization.
• Provide service to all Breeder, Hatchery, Feed Mill, Veterinarian and Live Haul personnel in order to accomplish our agreed upon goals and budgets.
• Interact and engage industry personnel that effect our business
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Poultry Science, Animal Agriculture, Science, Business or related degree preferred.
• Poultry Production experience: 5 years (preferred)
• Live Operations experience: 5 years (preferred)
• Strong knowledge of animal husbandry.
• Good computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Display strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
• Must be willing to be on-call as needed.
• Handle multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Education assistance
• Profit sharing
• Vacation and holiday pay
$80,000 - $100,000
Please send resume and cover letter to Andrea Dillman at ADillman@kreamerfeed.com.